I had a super fun time up cycling these bottles. I used old wine bottles that I had stored for this exact purpose. I think they turned out pretty great. What do you think? You must give these a try.
Here is a method of how it was done.
3 bottles preferably in same size and shape
Black cardstock strips for the belt
Gold glitter cardstock for the belt buckle
Some gold glitter to sprinkle on top
Cricut Maker to cut the words JOY with basswood (you can also handcut this in gold glitter cardstock)
- Clean the bottles thoroughly and remove the labels. You can soak it in warm water overnight, the labels peel off easily the next day.
- Take a sponge brush and with dabbing motions paint 2 coats with the Red chalk paint. Allow to dry between each coat.
- Cut 1.5 ” wide strips of black cardstock to make santa’s belt. For rhe buckle cut 1.75″ square gold glitter cardstock and a 1.5″ square black cardstock
- Apply a layer of varnish on the bottle and while still wet, sprinkle some gold glitter over them. Believe me, this is a game changer, it makes the whole look so much more glitzy.
- Cut the words JOY with the Cricut Maker. I used basswood as the base. I then painted it with Decoart Gold metallic paint.
- Once dry you can hang them on the the bottles with a jute cord.
- you can cover the mouth of the bottle with jute cord.
You can also watch the entire process on a reel that we made. Please watch here:
All the materials needed for this craft is available at our store. You can either buy them online or come down to our store in Karama, Dubai
Al Shriafi bldg 1,
Shop num 30& 45
Opposite Karama Post Office,