Since graduation is right around the corner, wouldn’t you love to pamper your child with something special? Well, we have just the right DIY craft for it: our Graduation Cap Sweet Box! You can store treats, sweets, or any sort of trinkets you’d like to gift your child as they mark the ending of one chapter and move on to the next.
Let’s dive into how you can make it:
- Cricut Maker 3 Machine
- A Scoring Blade/Scoring Stylus
- Chipboard Sheets
- Star Punch
- Glitter Cardstock
- Open the Cricut Design Space. We’ll start with making the box. Add a circle on the canvas of size 3.25”. Select “Basic Cut” on the Operation. Then add another circle inside this circle size of 2.5”. For this select “score” on the Operation. Align these two circles so that they are centered using the “Align” tool. Then, group them together. Next, add a rectangle of size 8” x 2” on the canvas.
- Now comes the lid. Add a circle on the canvas size of 3.5”. Select “Basic Cut” on the Operation. Then add another circle inside this circle size of 2.75”. For this select “score” on the Operation. Align the 2 circles so they are centered using the “Align” tool. Then, group them together. Next, add a rectangle of size 8” x 0.75” on the canvas.
- Now it’s time to make use of your Cricut Machine! Make the cuts by following the instructions on the tools required for ‘cutting’ and scoring. Ensure that you either have the Scoring Stylus or Scoring Blade for the scoring process.
- Once you have your cut shapes, cut slits on both circles till the scored line and adhere the rectangle cardstocks over the edges of the slits to form the base and lid.
- Cut a square piece of black chipboard of size 3.5” and adhere the lid to it. This will make it the sweet box cover.
- And, no graduation cap is complete without a tassel! Add a tassel onto the lid of the box. You can even make one with twine if you don’t have one.
- If you want to jazz up the box a bit more, decorate it with star cutouts using the star punch and glitter paper.
- Finally, add some sweets inside the box.
And there you have it! Simple, sweet, and stylish–this graduation cap sweets box tutorial is a splendid gift for your kids, nephews, and nieces. Try it out for yourself and watch their face light up as they prepare for the big day. For a video tutorial of the same, click here.
You can find all the materials you need to create this DIY masterpiece on our website: https://www.creativecraftsdxb.com/index.php/
We offer worldwide shipping! And if you live in Dubai, come on down to the Creative Crafts Store and get your hands on these must-have craft supplies.
Al Shraifi Building 1, Shop numbers 30&45,
Opposite Karama Post Office, Dubai