It’s back-to-school season, and students and teachers are all excited to return. So why not make this fun moment even more special? We’ve got just the right thing for you–a super easy DIY treat box!
This project is perfect to make for your favorite teacher, or even your classmate, to extend a hand of friendship. It’s also a great gift for parents to give to their little ones when departing from summer break and trying to show support for the coming school year!
So if you’re ready to make a gift that’s simple, sweet, and meaningful at the same time, let’s dive into the materials you’ll need:
- Take a black cardstock of size 9.5″x6.75″.
- Take your scoring board and on the wider side, score at 2.25″, 4.5″, 6.75″, 9”
- On the shorter side, score at 2.25″, 4.5″, 6.75″
- Now, as in the image below, trim the lines only on the bottom part. This will make the bottom of the box.
- Use double-sided tape to attach the bottom and sides
- Now, take the patterned paper of your choice. Cut 4 pieces of the paper in measures of 2×2” and 2 pieces in 2×1.5″
- Take your double-sided tape and adhere these patterned papers onto the boxes as seen below.
- Take the top parts of the box and pinch them together.
- Take your Crop a Dile or Wooden Peg to close the box. Finish it with twine.
- Now, last but not the least, decorate the box as you wish! 🙂
We’ve been away for the summer, but now it’s time to go back to school. And we know that teachers and students alike can use some treats when they’re not feeling well, or when they just want something sweet after a long day of studying. That’s why this DIY treat box is the perfect gift!
You can even check out a video tutorial of the same here. Do give it a shot and let us know in the comments what theme you’d be opting for for your Milk Treat Box! We can’t wait to hear your thoughts.
For more craft materials and DIY tutorials, head to our website: https://www.creativecraftsdxb.com/index.php/
We offer worldwide shipping. And if you live in Dubai, come on down to the Creative Crafts Store and get your hands on these must-have craft supplies.
Al Shraifi Building 1, Shop numbers 30&45,
Opposite Karama Post Office, Dubai